Home » Audio » Speaker » ART array question
ART array question [message #23473] Sun, 25 February 2007 21:24 Go to next message
blake is currently offline  blake
Chancellor
I'm building the ART array and just finished reading the word doc on its construction. It doesn't say what diameter hole should be in the braces in the upper and lower portions of the cabinet.

If anyone else has built this, what did you use?

Thanks

Re: ART array question [message #23474 is a reply to message #23473] Mon, 26 February 2007 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Sorry, my bad. I did the brace cutouts with a skilsaw and didn't pay too much attention to the dimensions of the hole. You want the braces to be substantial enough to stop the enclosure panels from vibrating, and at he same time you want to leave a large enough hole in the center so air can move freely between the space above the brace and the space below it. I used a piece of scrap wood to draw a line about 1-1/4" from each edge and cut along the lines, leaving a rectangular hole that's about 6" by 12-1/2". The exact dimensions aren't critical.

Re: ART array question [message #23492 is a reply to message #23474] Mon, 26 February 2007 21:32 Go to previous message
blake is currently offline  blake
Chancellor
Ok, thanks for clearing that up. This is the first speaker I've built and just wanted to be sure before I sealed everything up.

Previous Topic: Small array for a small listening room. Help and advice needed.
Next Topic: DCA 4" driver in a non fold horn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 10:37:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout