Home » Audio » Speaker » Tell Us About the Array you built or are building......
Re: Tell Us About the Array you built or are building...... [message #23470 is a reply to message #23466] Fri, 23 February 2007 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
"My array is an attempt to recreate the Russell design that I saw at RMAF. There have been many postings regarding his lines, most folks think it sucks. I am not one of them".

I heard the Russell arrays at RMAF and I don't think they suck either. I found myself drawn into the music, especially if it was highly dynamic music, and they were good with the softer stuff too. I suspect pulling them out from the wall would have enhanced the soundstage depth too. I wouldn't pay $19K for them given the other arrays that are available at and below that price, and would choose a two way with ribbon tweeters instead. But I still believe this would be a great sounding speaker for the price if you DIY it, and I've been tempted to build a pair using Tang Band drivers. Only problem is I would have to sell a pair of Theater Three Pi's to make room for them, and I can't bear to part with the Three Pi's.

My present reference arrays are the Selah Audio XT-8's in a ported configuration. I have heard speakers that have greater resolution along with more authoritative and extended bass (Wilson, JM Labs, Acapella, Garshman Acoustics, etc), but I haven't heard anything I would prefer to have in my listening room more than the XT-8's.

My "fun" arrays are the silly cheap ART arrays that are described elsewhere on this forum. All I can say about these is that you have to hear them to appreciate how good $350 can sound, especially with a low power tube amp.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Even more on slam - and imaging!
Next Topic: Relationship Between X Max And Efficiency Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 12 05:25:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout