Home » Audio » Speaker » Tell Us About the Array you built or are building......
Re: Tell Us About the Array you built or are building...... [message #23466 is a reply to message #23465] Thu, 22 February 2007 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Eric is currently offline  Eric
Baron
Great Thread Marlboro Man.
My array is an attempt to recreate the Russell design that I saw at RMAF. There have been many postings regarding his lines, most folks think it sucks. I am not one of them. His articles are published and give away the recipe, as it were. I am using 25 HiVi B3S full range drivers per column. I got the drivers for aruond 5.50/ea., so it's not really surgically removing my wallet to do this. The enclosures are basic: mitered wedge shaped using MDF well braced and stuffed with glass batts all the way. The boxes are right at 2cf, but I reduced that to 1.7-ish with some more mdf in the bottom of the columns. Much better at 1.7cf. The lines are right at 7ft tall. I covered the entire baffle with 2mm closed cell foam sheet via spray adhesive, then installed the drivers. It looks great, and seals like a champ. I am currently forcing them into full range using a Behringer DEQ2496. A very cool device. The limiter and dynamic EQ are wonderful inaddition to the graphic and parametric EQ's. They do measure 20hz - 18.5khz. Now, I like them quite a bit. They look very impressive, and sound good enough for most. They really like being right up against the wall, though. They are close to being done. I have only to attach some Sonus Faber style radiused side panels with a beautiful veneer of some sort and a metal mesh grille. And they are for sale.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Even more on slam - and imaging!
Next Topic: Relationship Between X Max And Efficiency Questions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Jul 12 05:24:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout