Home » Audio » Speaker » Small array for a small listening room. Help and advice needed.
Re: A little bit more on the nearfield and the line array height..... [message #23459 is a reply to message #23456] Wed, 21 February 2007 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivor the Engine Driver is currently offline  Ivor the Engine Driver
Chancellor
> I think that's what Marlboro is trying to say.

He did a poor job of it. Ceiling and floor reflections do not an array make.

Re: A little bit more on the nearfield and the line array height..... [message #23460 is a reply to message #23458] Wed, 21 February 2007 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
> But having built one of these bad boys to Jim's specifications,
> I assure you that I understand what his white paper says.

You certainly didn't get your definition of an array from his paper. Please don't mislead a questioner if you don't know what you're talking about.

Issues? [message #23461 is a reply to message #23460] Wed, 21 February 2007 13:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm afraid I have to disagree with the substance of your comments about line arrays, your interpretations of the Griffin paper, and your arrogant confrontational style of interacting on-line.

However, its the last disagreement which prompts me not to respond to anything you should say in the future. I'm not interested in interacting with people who believe that the best way to win an argument with someone is to start in by insulting them.

Better to provide substance for discussion rather than attacking people as a way of offering discussion. I've done nothing to you to invoke such VIRULENT IRE, so I must conclude you have issues that I am not involved in. Good luck in your struggles.

Kind regards,

Marlboro

Since You are so knowledgeable..... [message #23462 is a reply to message #23459] Wed, 21 February 2007 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Ivor,

Perhaps since you are so knowledgeable about this subject you would share what the essential elements in a line array designed for the interior of a dwelling are. You know: numero 1, numero 2, numero 3, etc.

Then we could all be enlightened, and we would have assurance that you really want to discuss and are not just looking for a way to start a flame war. Right now your virulent ire toward someone who didn't describe something in the way you would like is way out of proportion to normal internet conversation.

Kind regards,

Marlboro

Tell us a little bit about your line array. [message #23463 is a reply to message #23453] Wed, 21 February 2007 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Give us a bit of an idea of what you've built in the line array design, so that we can see where you are coming from.

marlboro

Lighten up [message #23464 is a reply to message #23460] Wed, 21 February 2007 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
First time posting here? Take the tone down a notch or two....

Re: Lighten up [message #23477 is a reply to message #23464] Mon, 26 February 2007 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
If anyone needs to lighten up, it's the arrogant know-it-alls here. So take your own advice.

You were wrong. Period. Live with it. [message #23481 is a reply to message #23462] Mon, 26 February 2007 10:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I hardly expressed "virulent ire" at you. However, if I hurt your feelings by pointing out that you were wrong in your definition of an array, well, then I'm sorry your feelings were hurt by my pointing out that you were wrong. And if I unknowingly violated some pansy rule of debate here at Arrays-R-Us by using the truth, then I'm also sorry that such rules are in place.

I don't agree with your interpretations, or your attitude. Live with it. [message #23483 is a reply to message #23481] Mon, 26 February 2007 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marlboro
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I know. You subscribe to the "I'll talk to anyone, in any way I damn well please" rule.

And, the "if you don't like it leave" rule.

I wasn't wrong and my feelings are not hurt. I just don't choose to insult people as a way of disagreeing. Its a style of interacting, and one that in real life causes suspensions in public school, and assault charges because of fights. I doubt whether you would talk that way to someone you know, or to a fellow employee at work. But since you don't have to interract with anyone here in real life, you figure you can say anything in any way you want.

In my own forum, you would have been banned for inappropriate language.

Its your life. Do what you want, I'm sure you will unless someone steps in and stops you.

I'll try [message #23487 is a reply to message #23483] Mon, 26 February 2007 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Chancellor
> I don't agree with your interpretations, or your
> attitude. Live with it.

It'll be rough not having the support of the Smartest Man Alive Who Is Never Wrong, but I'll give it a whirl.

Previous Topic: Selah Audio XT-8 Review
Next Topic: ART array question
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 09:18:49 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout