Home » Audio » Speaker » Inspired by the McIntosh XRT2K
Re: Inspired by the McIntosh XRT2K [message #23415 is a reply to message #23411] Thu, 25 January 2007 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
auplater is currently offline  auplater
Esquire

I did try running them swept up to ~16K or so... pretty much followed the response found online on numerous forums... hence the panasonic supertweeter... down lower I didn't need as the peerless midwoofs are smooth up to > 1Khz and have plenty of wallop (>108dB @ 15 feet listening position)...

rather than pushing the RD75's w/eq, I added the ATC neoplanar 25's I found on ebay for ~$175 ea. they're good past 20Khz, @ ~92 - 93 db/w.. handle 150W RMS...had to pad them down abit to match the RD75's.

I would have probably built using only the neoplanars had I found them first, but this setup sounds incredible as is.. so I'm a happy camper... keep your eyes out for these planars... not withstanding the nay-sayers... I can never go back to pisstonic cone speakers (other than bass and subs) after building and hearing these line source dipoles... the imaging is staggeringly rock solid and lifelike...

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Needles a Great Success!
Next Topic: Word document for cutting flange of Neo Tweeters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 17:15:12 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout