Home » Audio » Speaker » Line source Bohlender/ATC 's
Line source Bohlender/ATC 's [message #23335] Mon, 18 December 2006 17:21 Go to next message
auplater is currently offline  auplater
Esquire

Here's the latest upgrade to the BG-75 line source, adding an ATC 25" neoplanar

Re: Line source Bohlender/ATC 's [message #23337 is a reply to message #23335] Fri, 22 December 2006 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
Auplater,

Impressive design. I trust you have an understanding spouse.

Is this a 3 or 4 way design? I see the long ribbon, the two woofers at the base, a ribbon tweeter, and perhaps a short line of planar mids. Tell us more please.

Jim

Re: Line source Bohlender/ATC 's [message #23346 is a reply to message #23337] Tue, 26 December 2006 17:51 Go to previous message
auplater is currently offline  auplater
Esquire
Thanks Jim..

The mid-woofs are peerless HDS 182's crossed over to the BG's at ~600 Hz, 12dB slope, with zobel... BG's take over from 600 Hz to whatever they'll do.. (taking advice from ThomasW re: lower xover point).. ATC 25" neoplanars (silver shiny planar) also in parallel with BG's (padded down to compensate for higher efficiency) also 2nd order (they're good to 18 - 20 KHz, as opposed to BG's 15KHz or so (not that I can hear much above that, but who knows, eh?). The leaf supertweeter forward facing is the venerable panasonic EAS-10th400, which picks up @ 7 KHz out to (infinity and beyond and a rear firing peerless silk dome wired out of phase for dipole use (the BG's and ATC's also dipole) So I guess they're 4 way, sort of...

These are augmented with dual sonotube 12" subwoofers arrayed to the sides of our living room ~ 1/2 distance to smooth out standing wave structure in-room.

They sound pretty darn good driven with a nak730 receiver, and a modified Adcom 555II.

Previous Topic: merry christmas line array people and others
Next Topic: RS8 array kit
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 18:14:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout