Home » Audio » Speaker » Line Array versus Point Source Kits
Re: To: Fred and Jim comment on Line Array [message #23044 is a reply to message #23040] Tue, 04 July 2006 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Hi Fred,

You mentioned dynamics and scale of sound as two characteristics of line arrays, two characteristics that I highly value in a set of speakers. For myself, I was able to find it in a two-way approach similar to PI-speakers (i.e. high efficiency, high power handling pro woofer and compression driver with horns). Since you have experience with both of these approaches, how would you compare the dynamics and presence of arrays vs high-eff 2-ways?

I've also notices that premium arrays typically employ drivers that are low/mid sensitivity and, when used as singles, are relatively low in dynamics. The line array format appears to improve on these otherwise smooth, flat and neutral drivers by bringing dynamics and scale to the table. Do you have any experience or thoughts on starting with drivers that already high sensitivity and dynamic in an array?

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: System Improvement
Next Topic: Macintosh box modeling software, or suggestions for . . .
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 04:38:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio