Home » Audio » Speaker » Xover and line array
Re: Perfect line array [message #23012 is a reply to message #23011] Wed, 31 May 2006 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Steven Homrighausen is currently offline  Steven Homrighausen
Chancellor
I've also heard about similar issues with the Extremis. The Ascendant Audio driver is 88dB 1W/1M - and only $35. I just ran a model on this driver in the same size enclosure with same tuning frequency as the RS180-8 and this driver has slightly more extension. It also handles a bit more power.

I was hoping that someone out there has heard the driver. From what I've read, it has a pretty good sound - but I've heard nothing about anyone using them in an array. I know that the inductance is .05mH - so it has potential for greatness from that standpoint.

Thinking about the benefits that an array offers - the extra excursion might not be used. But it is there if you need it (eight of them would have a maximum potential of around 126dB - what would you possibly use for a tweeter with THAT?)

On the subject of tweeter - generally regarded as 'best bang for the buck' (PT2?)? How about the 'upgrade' from there (NeoCD2.0?)?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message