Home » Audio » Speaker » I need help with size of cabinet for LA
I need help with size of cabinet for LA [message #22842] Thu, 27 October 2005 20:12
djn is currently offline  djn
Chancellor
Hi All, some time ago I got Bill Fitssomethings plans for his Transmissing Line Array Horn (TLAH) to build for my daughters dorm room. I bought the drivers (see below for the drivers and specs) and want to build a staight line array as the TLAH will not fit in her dorm room. I dont know how big the cabinet should be for eight mids and eight tweets. Here are the specs for both. Thank you so much in advance.

The drivers I have are:

the Onkyo tweeter from PE:

3/8" Mylar tweeter with neodymium magnet mounted on a pole piece. Originally designed to be mounted on the pole piece of a driver to create a coaxial speaker. Tweeter can be removed from pole mount, but only with great difficulty. Limited quantities.

Specifications: *Power Handling: 20 watts RMS/40 watts max *VC dia: 3/8" *Znom: 6 ohms Re: 4.00 ohms *Frequency range: 6,000-20,000 Hz *Fs: 4,200 Hz *SPL: 87 dB 2.83V/1m *Tweeter Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 1-3/8", Cutout Diameter: 1", Mounting Depth: 1/2".

And the Pioneer mid from PE:

This lovely 4" driver is an all-around great performer that offers excellent full-range performance in a small, fully-shielded package. These drivers are great for many different types of designs, from dipole surround speakers to center channels, and are even perfect for line arrays! Driver features: 3/4" V.C. on paper former, large flat spider, paper cone, rubber surround, and a paper dustcap.

Specifications: *Power Handling: 5 watts RMS/10 watts max *VCdia: 3/4" *Le: .60 mH *Znom: 8 ohms *Re: 7.50 ohms *Frequency range: 75-15,000 Hz *Fs: 105 Hz *SPL: 86 dB 2.83V/1m *Vas: .08 cu. ft. *Qms: 5.0 *Qes: .90 *Qts: .76 *Xmax: 1 mm *Driver Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 4", Cutout Diameter: 3-11/16", Mounting Depth: 2-1/4".

Previous Topic: 49 cents 4" fullrange driver from parts express
Next Topic: scan subwoofer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 30 02:17:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout