Home » Audio » General » Sony DVP-S9000ES Video Off problem
Sony DVP-S9000ES Video Off problem [message #225] Mon, 16 February 2004 16:12 Go to next message
David Stone is currently offline  David Stone
Esquire
Have the mentioned SACCD/DVD player. Somehow, the Video Off button has been activated so we cannot see a DVD image, although sound is fine.
The "video off" light is on. Re-pressing the Video on/off button does nothing ! Nothing mentioned in the poorly written manual at all. This happended once before a I recall some sort of off-the-wall solution but cannot recall it, not can I find where I wrote it down.

Can anyone help? Sony's help line never answers ..... TIA.

Re: Sony DVP-S9000ES Video Off problem [message #226 is a reply to message #225] Mon, 16 February 2004 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
This may be overly simplistic, but are you sure the switch isn't stuck? I don't know if you're opposed to getting inside, but if you can measure the switch with a meter, see if pressing it gives continuity. If you don't have a meter, you might try jumpering across it for a quick and dirty check.

You might also want to check with Mark (footsurg) over on the Home Theater or Digital Video forums and see if he has anything to say about this problem.

Re: Sony DVP-S9000ES Video Off problem [message #227 is a reply to message #226] Mon, 16 February 2004 16:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Stone is currently offline  David Stone
Esquire
Thanx, Wayne. It isn't stuck. The Video off is a feature to lower noise when listening to high quality audio. But once the video is off, it isn't turned back on by hitting the video on/off button !!

It happended to me once before and the answer was like way out in left field !!! I cannot remember what to do ! I'll try the guys you suggested. Thanx again !

David

Re: Sony DVP-S9000ES Video Off problem [message #228 is a reply to message #225] Mon, 16 February 2004 21:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dean Kukral is currently offline  Dean Kukral
Master
This is off the wall, but try to unplug it and plug it back in after waiting a minute. If you have lead a good life, it may reset.

Re: Sony DVP-S9000ES Video Off problem [message #231 is a reply to message #228] Tue, 17 February 2004 06:17 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently online  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Good idea. That very well may work.

Previous Topic: What'ja get your sweeties for Valentines Day?
Next Topic: 40hz horn ,new pic+jbl
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 25 09:01:10 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout