Home » Audio » Speaker » D'Appilito array
D'Appilito array [message #22770] Mon, 08 August 2005 20:58 Go to next message
Zene Gillette is currently offline  Zene Gillette
Viscount
Eric sparked this question. Can an array consist of a bass-mid array, tweeter array, then upper-mid array? Ala D'Appilito style only horizontal. Zene

Re: D'Appilito array [message #22771 is a reply to message #22770] Tue, 09 August 2005 10:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric J is currently offline  Eric J
Viscount
Joe's original work specified a MTM, with specified distances apart, and specified crossovers.

An array that looks like this

o
o
o
o.
o.
o.
o.
o. 0
o. 0
o 0
o 0
o 0 BIG O(sub woofer)

Where the odots are tweeters, the small o' are mids, and the right O's are woofs, isn't an MTM. And the 0's are in a separate ARRAY altogether

So I'm not sure what you mean when you invoke Joe's MTM

Can you clarify?

Re: D'Appilito array [message #22772 is a reply to message #22771] Tue, 09 August 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Zene Gillette is currently offline  Zene Gillette
Viscount
Array vertical columns would be standard side by side only the tweets and mids reversed, ie., mid, tweet, woofers. Zene

Re: D'Appilito array [message #22773 is a reply to message #22770] Tue, 09 August 2005 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Fitzmaurice is currently offline  Bill Fitzmaurice
Grand Master
Yes. You see this done a lot in pro-sound line arrays where the midbass, mid and HF elements are horizontally arrayed in the individual cabs. When the cabs are stacked the acoustic centers of each frequency section are vertically aligned. My DR series horns, which are two-way 'W' folded horns with vertically aligned HF sections centered between dual midbass horn mouths to either side, are a variation on the theme.

Re: D'Appilito array [message #22774 is a reply to message #22772] Tue, 09 August 2005 14:24 Go to previous message
eric j. Uberseder is currently offline  eric j. Uberseder
Esquire
I'm still confused Zene.

D'appolito specified one M, then one tweet, then one mid in that order and only them, to get the effects of his research.

There are many styles, but only one true D'Appolito.

Previous Topic: Looking at adding a mid woofer array
Next Topic: Which one is right for me?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 13 00:14:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout