Home » Audio » Speaker » Array wiring
Array wiring [message #22746] Sun, 24 July 2005 06:35 Go to next message
greenie512 is currently offline  greenie512
Chancellor

Well, finally (surface, economy) my 34 NBS arrived in Brisbane. I was talking about doing a 3/4/4/6 power taper in a thread below. Now I have to do it? could some one confirm I have the wiring configured correctly?

I'm assuming within a series group I go "in" positive, "out" negative to next positive etc.

Cheers - Phil

Re: Array wiring [message #22747 is a reply to message #22746] Sun, 24 July 2005 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Your diagram is correct, but it might be simpler to wire one four-driver set as 4,5,6,7 and the other as 11,12,13,14. Each set of drivers is wired "positive in, negative out to the next positive", etc. Drivers 8-10 are located at the center of the array, with the four-driver sets located directly below and directly above the center three. The six driver set is split, with 1,2, and 3 located at one far end of the array and the 15,16,17 located at other end. The four "sets" are wired in parallel, providing a nominal impedance that's equal the impedance of the individual drivers. (Someone please correct me if any of this is wrong) This should make an awesome looking array.

Re: Array wiring [message #22748 is a reply to message #22747] Sun, 24 July 2005 16:17 Go to previous message
greenie512 is currently offline  greenie512
Chancellor
Thanks Fred - your wiring suggestion is easier. I'm not sure why I decided to split/balance the sets of 4 around the centre I think you are correct and it'd be easy just to have a whole set either side and the power taper would remain the same.

Previous Topic: Fostex FE206 in DBR
Next Topic: manualblock - Re: P.Audio Drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Aug 07 11:18:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout