Home » Audio » Speaker » I really need an opinion or an idea
I really need an opinion or an idea [message #22602] Fri, 29 April 2005 19:02
Madmike2 is currently offline  Madmike2
Esquire
So what i did was cancel my order for ( no refund just a hold and credit ) from supplier here in Canada for a bunch of 8 inchers i was getting. I read ALOT on here and realized that all the stuff that i had retained from the late 80's early 90's wasn't cutting it anymore.

The idea i have is still to make an open baffle line array. I listen to an eclectic mix of music from classic rock to hip hop.

i.e Yes Floyd Zeppelin Genesis (with Gabriel its not Genesis without him ) uriah Heep ..... 80's ....90's Hip Hop

I read a cool but dense white paper on Line Arrays but my comprehension is still not complete till i build one. SO !

I am going to get 12 of these MG18WK0908 Vifa speakers and 2 of the LCY110 Ribbon tweets with my credit.

I really want to try the line array so the question is, DO i go a sealed array ? An open baffle array ? Wide baffle ? Thin baffle ?

I will go with whatever the more experienced guys think will sound the best in general.

I have active x-over and multi channel capabilities.

P.S ... i dont build with MDF i use 3/4 and up white Pine . This stuff has interesting sonic energy characteristics.

Anyway as before thanks for any input, i want to order these Vifa's on MOnday if i finally settle on something.

P/N Size VC Type dB W Z Re Le Ce Fs Vas Qms Qes Qts Xmax Cutout
MG18WK0908 18cm 25mm Fiber 87 60 8 5.9 .88 24 34 45 2.0 .42 .35 ±5.5 146

*also posted DIY*

Previous Topic: 18" Subwoofer Driver Availability
Next Topic: Tangbands had me at Hello
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 11:40:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio