Home » Audio » Speaker » I need help in the creation of a midbass horn...
I need help in the creation of a midbass horn... [message #22596] Tue, 26 April 2005 00:41 Go to next message
Matthew is currently offline  Matthew
Chancellor

Hi,
I need a little help figuring out how to make a midbass (50-300 hz or so) midbass/bass horn for my newest line array project

I was going to use 8 10" midbasses in just a normal line... but I believe better results (and cheaper) can be had with a bass horn...

I would like to try a 2 15" or 2 12" (preferably the former) per tower midbass horn... I'm unsure about the length and the area "inceasing rate" of a horn like this

I would like it to look like this diagram... but I'm unsure if this would work...

two major questions... will this setup be louder than 8 10's ported??

and is seperating these two horns and having one side perfectly horizontal, will it work like I drew?

Re: I need help in the creation of a midbass horn... [message #22597 is a reply to message #22596] Tue, 26 April 2005 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Model your horn in Hornresp and fine tune it to provide the response you want. You'll need to enter driver parameters, horn length and cross-section area at various points along the path. You also need to input the radiating space you'll use it in, i.e. free space (4π), on the ground (2π) against a wall (π) or in corners (π/2).

Re: I need help in the creation of a midbass horn... [message #22598 is a reply to message #22596] Wed, 27 April 2005 07:29 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Check out Bill's forum.

Previous Topic: Checking with meter
Next Topic: Bastanis Prometheus vs PHY - anyone heard them?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 20:26:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio