Home » Audio » Speaker » SET Friendly Arrays???
SET Friendly Arrays??? [message #22520] Mon, 07 March 2005 18:32 Go to next message
thetubeguy1954 is currently offline  thetubeguy1954
Chancellor
I own a Mastersound Reference 845, 40W channel, integrated SET. In all my years of audio, some 36 years now, one of my favorite speakers was the original Carver Amazing with a 60" yellow ribbon and four 12" woofers. In the hopes to capture much of what I liked about that speaker, I'd like to build an array that's SET-friendly, but with high quality sound. I've asked in an earlier post (that seems to be going ignored) about the pros & cons of using 4-8 large Heil dipoles per side in an array. Does anyone know if these will work and if not can you make a suggestion for a high-quality SET-friendly array?

Re: SET Friendly Arrays??? [message #22522 is a reply to message #22520] Tue, 08 March 2005 06:27 Go to previous message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I'm building a pair of these and haven't finished them yet, so I can't comment from personal experience on their SET-friendly qualities, but the specs suggest they would be a good match, especially for a higher power SET like your 845 amp. The combination of high impedance (16 ohms nominal, 12 minimum), 95dB sensitivity, and massive power handling capacity should produce goosebump-inducing sound from a 40 watt amplifier.

Previous Topic: wharfedale diamond drivers in an array
Next Topic: Measuring sensitivity
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Aug 24 06:24:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout