Home » Audio » Speaker » Tweeters? More or Better.....
Re: Tweeters? More or Better..... [message #22345 is a reply to message #22344] Tue, 19 October 2004 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Bill is currently offline  Bill
Chancellor
Thanks for the reply. I have never built a line array but I have built several DIY speakers.

I just bought 20 of the VIFA TC18WG-15-08 7" INFINITY WOOFER at PE for $9.00. It was a deal I couldn't pass up. I plan to use 9 a-side and keep 2 as spares...just in case.

My thoughts on tweeters are:

1. go with the pt-2 planar. I have not heard them and would like to know other's opinions. I have some reservations about using a "budget" planar as I was not happy with the sound of the BG NEO-3 and the Freq. Respon. seems to roll off above 5K (depends on the graph you go by). I am not sure if I will be able to buy enough to equal the height of the line exactly but may come close.

2. buy as many North creek D25-06S ($36 per pair)as my budget will allow. I have heard them and like them, for the price. But in light of your reply this does not seem like a good way to go as I will not be able to afford enough to equal the height of the mid/bass array

3. Use the Stryke audio SA-TW1 . they have it for $7.00 and it doesn't look bad, from what little info there is on it. Any one heard it?

What are your thoughts on combing effects if I try to go the dome route and try to stretch them out to fit the height of the array?

Bill

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Home Theater line array's
Next Topic: Kleinhorn
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 18:07:51 CDT 2024