Home » Audio » Speaker » Line array question using Bandor 50mm driver?
More line array questions using the Bandor 50mm driver? [message #22281 is a reply to message #22280] Sun, 05 September 2004 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Thanks Bill for your reply,

I would like to ask a few more questions to make sure I've got it right?

I undersdtand from your reply that there would be no need to use a crossover with the Bandor 50mm drivers, they can run full range without a great deal of negative sonic contribution?

But there is a need for the use of a tweeter array crossed over below where the -6db response at 30 degree off-axis begins, somewhere around 10kHz?

The use of planar or ribbon tweeters with a rectangular face plate seems to be the best approach due to their close spacing ability. But, there is a great deal of difference in sensitivity between most ribbons, or any tweeter for that matter, and the Bandor 50mm driver.
Do you have any suggestions for a tweeter to be used here and how to impliment it, type of tweeter, crossover slope ect?

Also, what would be the proper length of the tweeter array in reference to the woofer array, lets say a woofer array of 48" in length would be used?

Thanks again for your "HELP" to this unexperienced newbie.

Norris Wilson

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Truncated horns
Next Topic: BR + TL + FH
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 15:25:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations