Home » Audio » Speaker » compression horn tweeter
Re: It won't work. [message #22178 is a reply to message #22177] Wed, 28 July 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mike erb is currently offline  mike erb
Esquire
thanks ,so the crossover in the receiver ,is good enouf for the low filter on the array's ,so then do i need to tune the box? ,ported or sealed or doesn't matter ,i can build the best subboxes ,use to own a car audio store ,but home speakers ,especially line array's and having to build my own crossovers, if i was building a three way speaker box then i'd port it and seal the mids/tweets from the bass but this array stuff is different ,i have seen some diy'ers port then low but i plan on using seperate subwoofers so i could x-over higher ,so porting the enclosure is not necessary, i think?
and do you think i should bi-amp or not? i have two 5 channel amps ,so i have 3 extra channels ,thought i could run a channel to each set of drivers. also the mid speaker row is going to be longer the the tweeters if i use the same amount how would i lay them out ,put a tweet next to each mid ,or center the rows next to each other ,or buy more tweeters till they are the same length? sorry for all the questions ,i have more
thanks

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message