Home » Audio » Speaker » Linus Array
Linus Array [message #22086] Wed, 25 February 2004 15:35 Go to next message
Hamel is currently offline  Hamel
Esquire
Does anyone know where Jim Griffin is? I haven't seen him on any boards lately.

Re: Linus Array [message #22087 is a reply to message #22086] Thu, 26 February 2004 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrewbee is currently offline  Andrewbee
Esquire
He is active on the full range forum.

Re: Linus Array [message #22091 is a reply to message #22086] Sun, 07 March 2004 19:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jim Griffin is currently offline  Jim Griffin
Master
Hamel,

You can contact me at:

jiffin@cookeville.com

I'm around and post on the Madisound, Parts Express, AA, and Full Range Speaker boards.

Jim

Re: Linus Array [message #22092 is a reply to message #22091] Sun, 07 March 2004 23:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
What is the state of the Linus Array these days? What drivers do you recommend for the current version? Do you have any new projects in the works? Inquiring minds want to know!

Re: Linus Array [message #22093 is a reply to message #22091] Mon, 08 March 2004 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Good to see you here, Jim. In a big way, your dedication to the DIY community is what prompted the formation of this Array Speakers forum. I don't know of any other discussion boards that are specifically meant for arrays, and some thought that was a glaring omission. Array speakers are an entirely different breed than single driver speakers or horns, and lumping them in with pro sound didn't seem quite right either. So the Array Speakers forum was formed as a separate message board instead.

I don't know if you noticed John MacBain's posts below, but he referenced your work in them. One is called "line arrays questions and stuff" and the other is "Fresnel and fibonacci line array systems". Looks to me like these discussions are right up your alley.

Re: Linus Array [message #22094 is a reply to message #22092] Mon, 08 March 2004 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Hamel,

The current Linus (Linus 2) is a very good array for the money (the kit costs $900). Parts and plans are available through Rick Craig's www.selahaudio.com website. Rick and I are co-developers of the Linus arrays. I use my Linus 2 as a daily listener.

The future holds a higher end line array with better woofers and ribbons. However, the price will be considerably more than the Linus 2. Expect news on this new array in the early summer.

I also have a MTM design that uses PHL Audio midbass drivers and the Aurum Cantus G2 ribbon driver that I will be building this spring. This speaker will have a sensitivity in the 95-96 dB SPL range.

Jim

Re: Linus Array [message #22095 is a reply to message #22094] Mon, 08 March 2004 10:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thanks, I'll get the latest plans from Rick's website. I have old plans, but I want to make sure I have the newest one. I'm sure I'll be back to ask you more questions again soon. Thanks!

Re: Linus Array [message #22096 is a reply to message #22093] Mon, 08 March 2004 18:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Wayne,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll check-in on this site on a regular fashion and perhaps we can recruit other folks to venture into the near field zone.

I did see John's posts from several weeks ago. I did reply to him separately but I haven't from him in the last 6 weeks or so.

Jim

Re: Linus Array [message #22097 is a reply to message #22095] Mon, 08 March 2004 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Hamel,

Thanks for the message. Feel free to post here or contact me off line when you need help.

Jim

Re: Linus Array [message #22098 is a reply to message #22096] Tue, 09 March 2004 06:25 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Everyone involved with this site is dedicated to making sure it stays entertaining and educational. So I expect this forum will be a great place to have discussions about array speakers.

Previous Topic: Woofer speed
Next Topic: date change for audio get-together
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 17:10:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout