Home » Audio » Speaker » PAWO horns
PAWO horns [message #21898] Sat, 03 November 2007 18:18 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Some folks have asked about these. Here is a link:
http://www.audio-resolution.com/zhorn/fr125s.html

Mine are the same, but a lighter shade in the wood veneer, and I cut the driver hole a little bigger to accommodate the DCA 5.5" driver!

I like them. Placement is very important. Sound good off axis, facing almost straight ahead.

-akhilesh

I just read the thread below on BIB & DCA 5.5 [message #21899 is a reply to message #21898] Tue, 06 November 2007 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks for posting it guys, and sorry for my late response.
The FRP looks very impressive, Dr. D!
Thanks Eric for posting it. I am a bit worried about that 150 hz peak with the BIB , which did not seem to occur in my room ,with the pAWO (maybe the room or the PAWO). But the PAWO does not go below 40-45 hz, i don't think.
So the BIB will subjectively probably have better bass.

Hmm, not sure if I should build a BIB now for these. Wonder what BIB does for polar response, and mid range frequencies, versus the PAWO. Easiest way is to build one and find out I guess. I really like the PAWO design because it seems to be like a little horn, but does not mess up the mid bass a lot.
Any one have thoughts : especially folks who have compared BIB to other configurations like BRs?
-akhilesh

Re: I just read the thread below on BIB & DCA 5.5 [message #21905 is a reply to message #21899] Wed, 07 November 2007 12:04 Go to previous message
Eric Gonzales is currently offline  Eric Gonzales
Baron
I like the looks of the PAWOs and the BIBs. I haven't heard 'em yet in either though. For my next project, I'm thinking of a Jensen Ultraflex or Onken floorstander. Height is around 36 or 37 inches.

here's a sample diagram.

Previous Topic: monsoon planarmedia 7 for line array
Next Topic: Babb Audio Lorelei
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 00:22:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers