Home » Audio » Speaker » DCA 5.5M drivers in PAWO horn: Bring to LSAF?
DCA 5.5M drivers in PAWO horn: Bring to LSAF? [message #21801] Mon, 16 April 2007 11:21 Go to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Folks,
Even though I am not going to get a room at he hotel, i can bring along the DCA drivers in PAWO horn, if ter eis interest from folk. I'll need some kindly soul to set them up in their room (could be part of the time. So if anyone is coming to LSAF, has a hotel room, please let me know.
We'll also need a decent amp & a cdplayer/ipod source: we should be able to rustle those up.
The room is th emain issue I think...do let me know if anyone can help.

-akhilesh

Re: DCA 5.5M drivers in PAWO horn: Bring to LSAF? [message #21802 is a reply to message #21801] Tue, 17 April 2007 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip is currently offline  Skip
Chancellor
Akilesh,

You are welcome to play them for a few hours in my room, though
I'll only have 2 watts or so per channel.

Skip

Re: DCA 5.5M drivers in PAWO horn: Bring to LSAF? [message #21803 is a reply to message #21802] Wed, 18 April 2007 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Thanks Skip. Are you demoing something else? I would hate to take away from your stuff, since my motivation is just to let folks hear these, without any commercial interest of course.
Let me know if you are demoing something already.
-akhilesh

Re: DCA 5.5M drivers in PAWO horn: Bring to LSAF? [message #21804 is a reply to message #21803] Wed, 18 April 2007 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip_Pack is currently offline  Skip_Pack
Chancellor
I'll have my Lowther PM2Cs in Medallion II cabinets, the upgraded
S.E.X. Amp, and the Squeezebox. Also, I use a passive line-level BSC filter.
Over the 2+ days, I don't feel compelled to play them all the time,
and I have no commercial involvement in any respect.

Skip

Re: DCA 5.5M drivers in PAWO horn: Bring to LSAF? [message #21805 is a reply to message #21804] Wed, 18 April 2007 11:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
OK THanks Skip. Will take you up on it. ! 2 watt amp won;t do it for the DCA 5.5's...they'll need at least a 5 watt, preferably a 20 watt. Let me post & see if anyone at LSAF hasa spare 10-20 watt tube amp they can let us borrow.
-akhilesh

Previous Topic: ?More Horn Questions?
Next Topic: idea of a horn system with upfiring + frontfiring horn, any comments ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 18:27:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio