Home » Audio » Speaker » lowther drivers in cabinets
lowther drivers in cabinets [message #21258] Thu, 25 August 2005 14:34 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Reading the links from Lowther America site has guys getting below 60 Hz from Martin Kings cabinets--lower than from the Medellion II which says it only goes down to 60Hz---makes a guy wonder!! and for comment: I think he was still using the Zobel circuit but not the one for Fostex 206's---any feedback??? Jim

Re: lowther drivers in cabinets [message #21260 is a reply to message #21258] Thu, 25 August 2005 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Jim,

I am getting down to 40 Hz with the Lowthers in my ML TL design. What links are you following? I am not aware of any info on the Lowther America site.

Martin

Re: lowther drivers in cabinets [message #21262 is a reply to message #21260] Fri, 26 August 2005 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Martin go to the Lowther America web site --then to links---one site is a lenghty story of builing Medellions and then building your BR design----and he reports of better low end than the Lowther design---but your comment as which driver is valid---a driver with more extension has better low Hz values but does so at the expense of the top end-and thsi is so for a driver that performs well on hi end will not have that low end punch---I'll reprot back as to which Lowthers I get and how I apply them Jim

Re: lowther drivers in cabinets [message #21267 is a reply to message #21260] Wed, 31 August 2005 09:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Martin, Bought a Lowther, DX2, mounted in a B-16 cabinet from a guy on Audiogon-----the PM6A deal flopped over shipping---anyway---looking forward to doing different applaications with this drover Jim

Re: lowther drivers in cabinets [message #21268 is a reply to message #21267] Wed, 31 August 2005 12:14 Go to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Jim,

The DX2 is also a very good driver. I am sure you won't be disappointed. I look forward to hearing your impressions of the DX2 in the different enclosure configurations.

Martin

Previous Topic: When tapering not needed
Next Topic: Bypassing speakers transformer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 18 16:25:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers