Home » Audio » Speaker » Lowther drivers for Martins' cabinet
Lowther drivers for Martins' cabinet [message #21254] Wed, 24 August 2005 10:33 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
Martin, I'm trying your suggestion of using a Lowther PM6C in your BR cabinets that I built for the FE206e's----Isn't it amazing that just about the time I get a little money that I also get the "bug" to tweak something----- My rationale: It's better than drugs! Ya can come home from work and get high on music for a long time!! Tell me if there are any other Lowthers' that would work---I found a pair of lightly used DX3's but they came out of a Lam horn so I think I know where they should go--- Jim

Re: Lowther drivers for Martins' cabinet [message #21259 is a reply to message #21254] Thu, 25 August 2005 18:13 Go to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Hi Jim,

OK, back from almost a week in New Hampshire visiting the White Mountains. My legs are tired, my wife's legs are tired, and the kids are running around ready to go again.

I have used all of my Lowther drivers (PM6C, PM2C, PM6A, PM2A, and the three DX's) in the ML TL at some point in time and they all work very well. The lower line Lowthers (PM6C, PM6A, and DX2) produce more bass while the higher line Lowthers (PM2C, PM2A, and DX4) have more detail and high end. They are all pleasing it just comes down to what you want in the way of response, all require the correction circuit. The DX3 is kind of in between the extremes representing a nice compromise between the two sets, good bass and detail.

Hope that helps,

Martin

P.S. Don't forget to shorten the port length to the value shown in Project #4.

Previous Topic: A pile of tweeter data
Next Topic: DIY2005 Orlando
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jul 11 08:03:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout