Home » Audio » Speaker » A little article about a BLH....why go to the trouble.....
Re: Horns, transmission lines and reflex cabinets [message #21209 is a reply to message #21208] Thu, 11 August 2005 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
hurdy_gurdyman is currently offline  hurdy_gurdyman
Illuminati (1st Degree)
I don't know, Wayne. I tried putting some three way Cerwin-Vegas in the corners once. The bass output was so heavy I could hardly hear the music. The bass was certainly higher in level than when out in the room, but unlistenable in the corners. Of course, the bass was just barely acceptable out in the room. These weren't the best damped speakers I'd ever owned.
My Klipsch Heresy's sounded much better and more balanced in the corners than out in the room. I'd suspect that a speaker that is well balanced out in the room just plain has a bit much bass in the corners, so the extra bass gain of corner loading is not a good thing for them. However, if the speaker is designed for corner loading, that's different. I guess any design that has taken corner loading into consideration in it's design would benefit from it. I liked it. Too bad my OB's seem to like out in room better. It would be much more convenient to have them in the corners.

I've probably rambled and got off topic enough.

Later,

Dave

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Array with Aurum G1 and Extremis?
Next Topic: Bass horn pic
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Sep 09 18:03:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout