Home » Audio » Speaker » questions on Coral drivers
questions on Coral drivers [message #20736] Tue, 15 March 2005 09:40 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
I would like to hear back as to your thoughts on the vales and qualities of Coral Beta 8's drivers----I am looking to find a Fostex upgrade and Supervox and PHY is a big dollar jump (wow--their entry level is more than the corals!) Stil --the pair of Corals will run $650 just for the pair ---cabinet will be extra---and any idea where to find the parameter sheets and maybe some old cab designs---must admit thess are great looking too!! I have 3 pairs of Fostex--and thought it's time to go to another level--- Jim

Re: questions on Coral drivers [message #20739 is a reply to message #20736] Tue, 15 March 2005 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kim Schultz is currently offline  Kim Schultz
Viscount

Hi Jim.

The Corals are really great drivers, I have 3 pair and they are all very nice.

I think $650 is a bit expensive, $300-$400 would be a better price, but maybe they are getting more and more rare.

These are the T/S parametres for my Corals.
As you can see they vary quite a lot vith age, so it´s hard to say exatly what T/S your pair has without measuring them.

The link below is to a great website with everything you need to make a cabinet.
I would use them in a backloaded horn, but they sound good in a BR too.

Whatever you choose, I don´t think you will be dissapointed.

Regards
Kim

Re: questions on Coral drivers [message #20876 is a reply to message #20739] Thu, 05 May 2005 04:27 Go to previous message
sund is currently offline  sund
Esquire
Hi Kim, I've got a pair og Coral Flat 8II's. Do you happen to have the data on those too? If so could you post them. Thanks.

Previous Topic: Yamaha NS-1000M
Next Topic: K1840 for consultation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Oct 11 13:05:27 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout