Home » Audio » General » Musings on Audio and Photography - (long)
Re: Musings on Audio and Photography - (long) [message #207 is a reply to message #203] Tue, 10 February 2004 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Interesting outlook. I never really gave much thought to the reason for the relative disinterest in audio hardware from women, other than to notice the fact. I always saw it similarly to the disinterest of women in auto hardware. Women love nice cars and they love music, but they don't seem to care much for the technical details. Even women that are engineers seem more focused on engineering as a career choice than as a "sport." So I see these things as being that way, but never really thought about why. Girls are just into software.

By the way, do you have a photography site? I'd love to see your photos. I have a 35mm camera and I click some shots from time to time. A few of them have turned out great, almost art. The thing is, I seem to gravitate towards taking photos of car parts and stuff like that, which isn't interesting to most people. But I also take photos of Alona, usually out in gardens or other scenic places, and those are always really great, like I said, almost art.

Speaking of art, there are a couple of artists that participate on these audio forums that are very talented. I love looking over their work, and have bought some of it. Dragan V. is a very talented painter, and I haven't seen him around for a couple of months, but he pops in from time to time. Sheri B. is also a talented artist, and happens to be the webmaster of this site.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Archaic Storage Media Sermon
Next Topic: How'd they do it?