Home » Audio » Speaker » Ping Martin King
Re: Ping Martin King [message #20415 is a reply to message #20414] Thu, 16 September 2004 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
The recent Bud Shank and Bob Cooper select set. One disc was great, and the other two boring. I think that the first review on Mosaic's site sums up my feeling very well.

Martin

Re: Ping Martin King [message #20416 is a reply to message #20405] Thu, 16 September 2004 16:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
I have read your work so far on horn theory Martin. Excellent work , i really mean it.I have been fighting with the math and you have expressed it in a much cleaner way.A lot of it i am still grappling with.

First, I have to finish the room boundary impact on mouth impedance and size

While doing several waveform sims i happened to notice that room volume had an almost resistance activity to the wave as it was exiting?Makes sense on a physical level.
ron
Again Martin, excellent work

Re: Ping Martin King [message #20418 is a reply to message #20416] Thu, 16 September 2004 18:05 Go to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the positive feedback on the horh work. It represents a first pass through and there are many areas I want to expand and dig in a little bit deeper. The room boundary and room interaction is just one topic. I am going to program the math in MathCad and also use some ANSYS acoustic simulations to get the wave plots you describe coming from the code you use for horns. The ANSYS FEM should help correlate the MathCad work (I am gettign ready with the following explanation at work : "No boss, our new superconducting magnet design really does look like a horn.").

Thanks again,

Martin

Previous Topic: Fresnel and fibonacci line array systems
Next Topic: Tapered pipes to horns
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 18:26:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers