Home » Audio » Speaker » Push-Pull horns
Re: Push-Pull horns [message #20326 is a reply to message #20324] Sun, 29 August 2004 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GM is currently offline  GM
Viscount
With an uncorrected mass corner around 433Hz, this is way too high for me, so I guess it's a 'different strokes for different folks' situation.

FR tech forum gallery?

Anyway, if you plot out what I posted you'll see that until you get near the mouth of the full size horn, which you wouldn't since the cutoff would be at a much higher frequency, the expansion is conical enough that I'd bet dollars to donuts you couldn't hear the difference outdoors, much less in a typical room.

GM

Re: Push-Pull horns [message #20327 is a reply to message #20326] Sun, 29 August 2004 20:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
FR tech forum gallery?
Yea James has installed a section in the image galleries for tech pics and such.

I'd bet dollars to donuts

Cant take that bet GM, the Doc has put me on a restricted diet, seems like my fats are too high.
ron

Re: Push-Pull horns [message #20328 is a reply to message #20327] Sun, 29 August 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Viscount
Hmm, I saw your horn dwgs, but didn't see any specs for them.

Understand the problem well, I've lost 30 lbs since I saw the Atla DIY2003 Meet pics. Still got another 25 to go though, ugh! Oh well, I enjoyed getting them, but as usual, payback is a !@#$%^.

GM

Re: Push-Pull horns [message #20333 is a reply to message #20328] Mon, 30 August 2004 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
GM, go to the image gallery page there will be FR drivers ,diy ,horns and such. At the bottom of the page theres a section that says Technical, i believe i have the only image in there at present.
ron

(those rice cakes can be made eatable,just goop on lots of cream cheese and grape jelly)

Re: Push-Pull horns [message #20337 is a reply to message #20333] Tue, 31 August 2004 20:31 Go to previous message
Viscount
Arg! Didn't scroll down far enough. I have the fonts set so large I have to scroll pretty far just to get to the bottom of the horns section. Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that if you draw a line between the throat and at the 42.8" point and built it that way, you would be hard pressed to hear the difference. Now if a slower flare rate is used such that this slow expansion went all the way out to 1/4WL before a rapid flare to the mouth, it will work just fine if it's a straight line, i.e. conical out to this point.

GM

PS - I prefer cinnamon and sugar syrup on my rice cakes. ;^)

Previous Topic: New: First Watt amplifiers by Nelson Pass
Next Topic: Line array with single ribbon tweeter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 28 21:18:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout