Home » Audio » Speaker » Re: Can a notch filter improve phase lag?
Re: Can a notch filter improve phase lag? [message #19908] Thu, 01 April 2004 09:22 Go to next message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Yea , i know what you mean Martin. TC and i have crossed swords several times.Just because you can sell something dosent mean its the best that can be done ie: B**e.
I use the basic old math and physics in my horns ,but i have learned to design for a given set of conditions so a universal horn IMHO is not really possible.
Actually one of the best i have designed and built was the Fe-103e horns that was very little more than a TQWT (conical flare) with a rapid expansion at the mouth, the mouth being designed for 1/4 loading (wall/floor). Not the most efficent but by far the cleanest bass i have made yet.Simple to build also.I actually had one guy get angry and claimed "it was some kinda trick" with the amount and clarity of the LF coming from such a weird design and with such a small (4") driver.Imaged like crazy too.
ron

Re: Can a notch filter improve phase lag? [message #19909 is a reply to message #19908] Thu, 01 April 2004 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
HI Roncla,
The project you describe sounds very interesting. Could you point us to a website that describes the project? Also, if we were to adapt the design for another similar driver, maybe you could give some poinbters on how to do that.
thanx!
-akhilesh

Re: Can a notch filter improve phase lag? [message #19912 is a reply to message #19909] Thu, 01 April 2004 10:20 Go to previous message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Well its basically my design and as i have no website (too lazy) i really cant point you in a direction. I have today sent Jim an alternative to my complicated design, i call it the hedlund in a box which is a true horn and has an exponential/hyperbolic flare around M=.6. It was designed for the Fe-166e driver but i may be able to convert the basic design to the 206e.Send me an e-mail at roncla AT txucom.net and i will see what i have in my files for the 103e horn.
ron

Previous Topic: Can't reproduce a square wave
Next Topic: Can a notch filter improve phase lag?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 18:11:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio