Home » Audio » Speaker » listening to 206's
listening to 206's [message #19886] Fri, 26 March 2004 09:01 Go to next message
jim denton is currently offline  jim denton
Master
I have installed a new matched pairs of EL84's in my amp and have been "boot scootin" speakers all aover the living room---moving furniture out of the way ----There is no WAF factor ---getting a decent image --still hearing a tight sharp thing in the high end--I think what it may be is at the high end the speaker can't go any higher andit sounds loud,sharp, shouty---I'm thinkin ( like I know what I'm talkin' about!) a super tweeter ? Like Akhilesh installed---getting some decent bass though---Diana krall sounded very sweet!!!!Think I'm going to get some different sized resistors and inductors to keep playing with the sound Jim

Re: listening to 206's [message #19888 is a reply to message #19886] Fri, 26 March 2004 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
SOunds good JIm! Looks like you are wqell on the journey! A supertweeter in my opinion, at least for my speakers was not just a tweak but a NECESSITY. Also, the compensation circuit for bass, when i finally got it working (you haven;t heard it iwth that) made a pretty big difference as well. Given the limitations of the driver and a BR enclosure, i think i have it pretty well tuned now....(maybe i speak too soon!)

Can you let us know the address for the audio get tohgether next saturday. thanx
-akhilesh

Re: listening to 206's [message #19893 is a reply to message #19886] Sun, 28 March 2004 08:32 Go to previous message
roncla is currently offline  roncla
Master
Try setting the speakers toe to around 15-30 deg from the centerline aming out from the listening position.Works for me.
ron

Previous Topic: The Tuba 24 Compact Folded Horn Sub.
Next Topic: Speaker Advancements
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 12:27:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout