Home » Audio » Speaker » Boomtoobz
Re: Boomtoobz [message #19860 is a reply to message #19859] Sat, 20 March 2004 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Hi lon,

I think a 40 inch long piece of 6 inch diameter PVC would work well. Having the open end near the floor should not be a big problem, you might try using a 12 inch square wood base and mounting the pipe 3 or 4 inches above the base on attached legs. I have seen similar things done many times without any hints of poor performance resulting.

I remember seeing a sub done this way on the DIY Forum, I think. Basically it was something like a 12 inch diameter tube with the driver at one end near the floor. The sond came up this tube and then wnet back down a 15 inch tube mounted concentric ans paced about 3 or 4 inches above the end of the inner tube. The sound then exited the outer annulus near the floor. This arrangement was a different way of folding the line in half.

I am also waiting to see the next alpha TL article from Schultz. I have communicated with him a few times and we have swaped ideas. He approaches TL design and alignment a little different so it is always interesting hearing about his results.

Martin

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message