Home » Audio » Speaker » high eff. 3way.
high eff. 3way. [message #19593] Tue, 09 December 2008 11:06 Go to previous message
jeff p is currently offline  jeff p
Chancellor
i have some Pi One Towers that i'm pretty happy with, i'm thinking the time will come when i will want more output from my little 6watt SEP amp. the amp and preamp are here to stay for a while so that means i will need to build more efficient speakers.
the amps like an 8ohm load.

basically i need a little guidance on design, where do i start to think about the design?
should i be using software to model frequency response? what?

i am thinking 3 way would be best.
a 96db dome tweeter or maybe a ribbon, and a also a 10" pro 10 like an eminence alpha to handle the low end because i'd like slimmer cabinet.

i'm not sure about midrange.
i was thinking either two 6.5 to get efficiency up or maybe the 100db Audax 6.5" driver.
http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=120&products_id=90

to get the extra eff. from two drivers they have to be wired parallel right? so i would have to find 16ohm drivers. then i also have to decide whether to do TMMW or MTMW.
my room is pretty large (15Wx25Lx9H) hard floors and ceilings, lage rug in front of speakers.

the one thing i don't like about the audax is they might make me need to cross the woofer higher, might that be a problem?

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Previous Topic: PE # 299-258 OK for array use???
Next Topic: Any decernable results from round over at mouth of horns and cabinet edges?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Aug 12 21:09:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio