Home » Audio » Speaker » What happens to T/S for dual horn drivers?
What happens to T/S for dual horn drivers? [message #18915] Fri, 15 September 2006 12:16 Go to next message
DMoore is currently offline  DMoore
Baron
I ran across a reference in some EV EVX-155/150 driver documentation that certain T/S specs "change" when dual drivers are used in a single cabinet, such as the Fs lowers a tad, and the Vas changes - however, the dual driver reference was given for a rather large enclosure volume of 10 or more cu. ft., so I don't quite understand how to apply this to my needs.

I'm planning on a front-loaded dual 15" horn setup, and was wondering what the effects of 2 (same) drivers in a combined back chamber are and what needs to be taken into account T/S wise as far as calculations for "proper" annulling where dual drivers are concerned.

My approach so far has been to figure everything for a single driver and double it (or halve it, depending) as needed, but now I'm not so sure, in light of the EV documentation.

Is this going to cause annullment "issues"?

Dana

Re: What happens to T/S for dual horn drivers? [message #18924 is a reply to message #18915] Fri, 15 September 2006 22:08 Go to previous message
PointSource is currently offline  PointSource
Chancellor
I read somewhere that the coupling which occurs in the rear chamber of a (bass) cabinet has minimal effect, so why not simply separate the drivers with an internal baffle? That way, you can design according to the unmodified T/S parameters. I'll leave annulment to the horn gurus!

Previous Topic: how to check for this
Next Topic: Array Bass
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 18:20:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout