Home » Audio » General » A/B Testing/Weber Fachner Law
Re: A/B Testing/Weber Fechner Law [message #1888 is a reply to message #1887] Wed, 15 June 2005 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Wayne my friend; I must apologise for my inability to properly communicate on this issue. I really appreciate that you are willing to pursue this and regret that we seem to have become sidetracked here. While it is a good discussion and enjoyable we have not addressed the issue of the post at all.
See this statement of the Weber-Fechner Law is not addressed specifically to sound or audio. It is a consequence of pshycological response to external stimuli as far as I can tell. One way I found it too be expressed is that in comparison testing the two options at test and the control are governed by the perception of difference in as much as people will always choose the option that is most close in quality to the last choice. If there are any differences, and that is what the test seeks to prove, then the proximity of the choice will determine the outcome.
This was considered the fundamental flaw in all comparison testing and as a result caused many of those types of tests to be suspect or abandoned.
Would you agree with this understanding; or am I not getting the meaning of this theory? Please understand this is my interpretation of the process; it is not an opinion I found somewhere.
Thanks for offering your valuable insights into this.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message