Home » Audio » General » Houston Audio Society - Weds, June 22
Houston Audio Society - Weds, June 22 [message #1884] Wed, 15 June 2005 05:26 Go to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Audio Concepts, 2200 Southwest Freeway, telephone number 713.527.0774 has offered our club an evening in their store to listen to some of the latest offerings from ARYE including their 2 channel SACD player and at least one of their new amp offerings. This event is scheduled for Wednesday, June 22, 2005, starting
around 7:00 p.m. They have indicated they will have the big stereo
amp (about $9K) and their two channel universal player on display as
well as some other Ayre pieces. The Ayre web site is at the link below. Any AudioRoundTable visitors who are in the Houston area next Weds are invited to join us.

Re: Houston Audio Society - Weds, June 22 [message #1885 is a reply to message #1884] Wed, 15 June 2005 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Let me know what you think of their gear, Fred. I'd love to make another run down south, but I'll have to pass on this one. Sure had fun at the last meeting though. You guys are great!

Re: Houston Audio Society - Weds, June 22 [message #1948 is a reply to message #1884] Sat, 02 July 2005 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FredT is currently offline  FredT
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Just as a follow up to this meeting, we heard the new Ayre universal disk player with an Ayre preamp and their top of the line $9K power amp. This was a really outstanding system. I especially like their philosophy of using zero feeback in their products, resulting in a tube-like sound from solid state components.

But the thing I heard at this meeting that impressed me the most was a Telarc SACD version of Frederick Fennell leading the Cleveland Symphonic Winds in march-type tunes by Holst, Handel, John Philip Sousa and others. I ordered a copy the next day because the music is very compelling and the recording quality is probably the best classical recording I have ever heard!

So here's a note to all you audiophiles who don't listen to classical music: If you were going to own just one classical disk this one would be a good choice.

Re: Houston Audio Society - Weds, June 22 [message #1955 is a reply to message #1948] Sat, 02 July 2005 23:42 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Sounds awesome! I wish I could have been there.

Previous Topic: we 53A condenser mic power
Next Topic: Cute kitty photo foruum
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 04:07:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout