Home » Audio » Speaker » Martin King subwoofer in AudioXpress
Martin King subwoofer in AudioXpress [message #18805] Wed, 19 July 2006 22:58 Go to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Have any of you seen the transmission line subwoofer article in the latest (July 2006) AudioXpress? The article was written by Bjorn Johannsen, and it draws heavily on Martin King's work, mentioning that in the very first paragraph and using charts made by Martin King spreadsheets. It's a good article, so check it out if you get the chance.

Saw it [message #18806 is a reply to message #18805] Thu, 20 July 2006 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
colinhester is currently offline  colinhester
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
One of the better aX articles in some years. Would be an intersting article to discuss.....Colin

Re: Saw it [message #18807 is a reply to message #18806] Fri, 21 July 2006 19:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Martin is currently offline  Martin
Master
Bjorn is a very nice guy, I have corresponded with him many times over the past two years. He also has a nice write up on my worksheets on David Dlugos' transmission line website.

I think he has a second article coming out but I can't remember if it is going to be in audioXpress or someplace else, a design for Tangband drivers. He is a very creative speaker designer and his under the couch sub was really a unique idea.

Martin

Re: Martin King subwoofer in AudioXpress [message #18815 is a reply to message #18805] Fri, 04 August 2006 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
j.luis cruz . is currently offline  j.luis cruz .
Master
hY W ayne . what driver use and wich is the lowest frecuency that give .thanks

Re: Martin King subwoofer in AudioXpress [message #18816 is a reply to message #18815] Fri, 04 August 2006 09:44 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

It's a small home hifi sub, with the transmission line labyrinth constructed so it can be "hidden" under a couch. The driver is actually a discontinued 10" woofer (Beyma 10B60) but the design principles can be applied to another driver, so you could find a current production model and build something similar around it.

Previous Topic: Fredarrays
Next Topic: Very puzzling
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jul 10 01:35:42 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout