Home » Audio » Speaker » looking for PA sub´s 24 Hz to 80 Hz
looking for PA sub´s 24 Hz to 80 Hz [message #18362] Fri, 23 December 2005 02:43 Go to next message
Önkel is currently offline  Önkel
Esquire
Hi all together,
Iam new here, but read very interesting and conclusive discussions.
Here is my issue: I reactivated my hobby to do music and we are about to build a high efficiency PA-system (4 active way´s).

The speakes above 80 Hz are all of Ex Eastern Germany production with a extremely high efficiency. But we are missing the frequency band below 80 Hz and considering to do a 18" Shearer Horn system (Don´t worry, we know it is big). Do you have any recommendations on construction / plans / drawings.

2nd questions: Does anyone have some verbal descriptions, what influence the several pieces of the horn do have in terms of efficiency, distortion, narrow band vs. wide band? Like throat area, volume behind the speaker, volume of the pressure chamber, horn length, mouth size?
Merry X-mas to all of you and might be someone can help me....

Re: looking for PA sub´s 24 Hz to 80 Hz [message #18363 is a reply to message #18362] Fri, 23 December 2005 09:15 Go to previous message
Bill Wassilak is currently offline  Bill Wassilak
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Why not build a 12pi basshorn or the Lab subs or check out some of Bill Fitzmaurice's horns like the tuba 36's, they'll be much smaller than a Shearer 18" horn system. There's a link to Wayne's Pi site and to Bills site from the main page. If you design your own horns use McBeans hornresponse from the web to model them.

HTH
Bill W.

Previous Topic: Playing w/Horns
Next Topic: Looking for vintage Alnico midbass woofer for 60Hz and up?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 03:59:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio