Home » Audio » Speaker » Ping Earl Geddees!
Re: Eighth-space = 9dB DI [message #18359 is a reply to message #18358] Thu, 22 December 2005 14:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
And I think you deliberately twist around definitions and concepts to suite your needs, never giving an inch to an argument. It seems like you think that repeating something enough times will make it true.

As I said ALL sources have a 9 dB DI in a corner - so what - its meaningless.

You have a nice holiday too.

Re: Eighth-space = 9dB DI [message #18360 is a reply to message #18359] Thu, 22 December 2005 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

By that argument, all DI increases from waveguides would be meaningless. A sound source radiating from the apex of a trihedral boundary is a CD source, one having of the most purely constant directivity you can find. It is quite literally a large waveguide with radiation angle defined by the walls.

Re: Eighth-space = 9dB DI [message #18361 is a reply to message #18360] Thu, 22 December 2005 19:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Earl Geddes is currently offline  Earl Geddes
Master
Wayne

You continue to amaze me.

Re: A fact [message #18370 is a reply to message #18353] Thu, 29 December 2005 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
majestik6 is currently offline  majestik6
Esquire

Wayne, Dr Geddes -

If you splay two axisymmetric horns, wouldn't you get massive comb filtering? I've never tried this, but I assumed that the frequency response would be practically unusable.

As you know, I use horns and waveguides in cars, and in this environment, vertical size is severely limited.

I've considered oblate bispheroidal as well, but assumed that it would suffer from the same comb filtering. And OBS waveguides are all but undocumented.

Patrick Bateman

Re: A fact [message #18372 is a reply to message #18370] Thu, 29 December 2005 19:35 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

See:

Previous Topic: Benefits of a wideband driver for off axis decay
Next Topic: Why phase reversal Hornresp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 12:04:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio