Home » Audio » Speaker » RE: mounting woofer
RE: mounting woofer [message #18289] Sun, 20 November 2005 14:38 Go to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Late to the thead below but visiting with Steve and seeing GarMans incredible Winbraces I thought I'd show what I think is a simple and easy way to double the front baffle and "embrace" the woofer:

I cut the inner baffle piece a little over-size to flush-trim with the router after glue-up in case of slippage.
Clamping the 2 together I drill the pilot hole for the Jasper pin through both. Then rout the appropriate size hole in inner and outer.
For glue-up I place the woofer in the inner baffle to correctly locate the outer baffle. I protect the edges from glue with wax paper. Smear up with PVA glue and drive home a buncha' screws I'll remove later.
Next day flush trim the edges of the inner to match the outer baffle.
Now I'm thinking about sizing the inner baffle to make a rabbet so it slips inside the box. Maybe.
I do the same to mount the ports so the black schedule 40 pipe doesn't show. Now I've seen how nice the plastic flared ports look I'm re-thinking that.

Re: RE: mounting woofer [message #18290 is a reply to message #18289] Mon, 21 November 2005 09:11 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

That's a great photo, illustrates a window brace perfectly. Thanks!

Previous Topic: Anyone Familiar with the Onken Cabinet Alignment?
Next Topic: Acoustat 1+1 bias voltage idea
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 22:19:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout