Home » Audio » Speaker » Altec 902 / Edgarhorns: compensation experiments
Wish i understood everthing you said... [message #17691 is a reply to message #17682] Tue, 29 March 2005 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
spkrman57
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Wayne,
The "DI" factor loses me. I know I just tried out my 1st JBL compression driver(2426J). I used the 4 Pi-pro figures(15 ohm shunt and 33 ohm series/.33 ufd cap). I also used .68 ufd bypass caps on the PE 1.6 khz hi-pass crossover.

So far I think the caps are still new and not smoothed out(less than 2 hrs time on them). I find the JBL to be rather bright in the upper midrange/lower treble area used on the Martinelli horn. I know that the 2426J is a 16 ohm driver, but I have used Altec 8 ohm and 16 ohm drivers without changing up the crossover with little difference of sound.

I think the JBL with titanium diaphram is more brittle sounding than the aluminum of the Altec drivers I have used. I set up the crossover this time with easy "connect/disconnect" terminals to swap out the horns quickly.

I have my Altec 902B on my 650hz Edgar horn and will be trying it out tonight. I think the JBL needs less HF compensation than the Altec 1" drivers.

Ron

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: PHY-HP - Know anything about these?
Next Topic: Does anybody here know how to add and subtract?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 28 11:36:22 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio