Home » Audio » Speaker » Improve Bass
Improve Bass [message #17263] Tue, 21 December 2004 06:49 Go to next message
Rainer Gunther is currently offline  Rainer Gunther
Esquire
I have a pair of Belle Klipsch speakers driven with Quicksilver Horn Mono Amps and an Antique Sound Lab preamp. My room is very bright and consequently the bass response is poor. I cannot change the room configuration nor the decor. I have tried a subwoofer but it was incompatible with the preamp to the point the preamp blew. In fact the overall sound was worse when I added the sub-woofer. How can I improve my bass response down to a reasonable, say 30Hz?

Re: Improve Bass [message #17264 is a reply to message #17263] Tue, 21 December 2004 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
akhilesh is currently offline  akhilesh
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
you can try: active crossover, active sub. try the hsu reseasrch subs. Tell us what you end up with!
akhilesh

Re: Improve Bass [message #17265 is a reply to message #17263] Tue, 21 December 2004 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frode is currently offline  Frode
Baron
You could try djk's vented mod. It is for the LaScala, but will work just as good for the Belle.

Frode

Re: Improve Bass [message #17273 is a reply to message #17263] Fri, 24 December 2004 21:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
John Chleapas is currently offline  John Chleapas
Baron
I have only read that the Klipsch Belle speakers are not known for their deep bass. I do not even believe the Belle is capable of going to a "reasonable 30 Hz." I think the Klipschorn and the Cornwall can get pretty darn close to that. I am thinking long and hard at selling my JBL L300 Summit speakers, or swapping them for a pair of vintage Klipschorn speakers. I think you are asking too much from your Klipsch Belle speakers to get down anywhere close to 30 Hz. Try to audition a pair of Cornwall speakers. I have heard these and they sound quite good with SET amps.

Re: Improve Bass [message #17276 is a reply to message #17263] Sun, 26 December 2004 09:22 Go to previous message
Seeker is currently offline  Seeker
Baron
I received an email from Quicksilver that said the LaScala speaker was used to the voice the Horn Mono amps. I've had these speakers and you will not get as low as you wish with them. An Audio Control Richter Scale will help a lot with the bass.

Previous Topic: 16 ohm line array
Next Topic: SI Sound Pads
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 17:54:03 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout