Home » Audio » Speaker » JBL Project pt 1
JBL Project pt 1 [message #16896] Wed, 25 August 2004 13:18 Go to previous message
GarMan is currently offline  GarMan
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Sorry for the brief post, but just want to share with you photos of my JBL project that I started last weekend. Components are 2235 woofer, 2445 compression, with 2380 horns, crossed a 800Hz 2nd/3rd order. Box is 5.5 cubic ft, tuned to 30Hz.

For my Theatre 3 PI project a couple of months ago, I was able to complete a pair of functioning cabinets in one day. Because of the increased complexity of this cabinet (tongue and groove and crazy bracing), I was no where near that pace. What I have after two days of work are panels prepped for both cabinets, one cabinet glued with front baffle clamped on, and not damping material.

Athough the cabinet has no damping material yet, it still sounds very very good. First thing you notice is the tremendous bass from these things. Very strong, well defined, but still integrated (don't stand out). On some material, I can hear the dishes rattle in the kitchen. The 2" compression is also very nice too.

I'll post updates and more details on contruction and listening impressions as the project progress. I've got some pretty cool ideas on how to dress these cabinets up.

Gar.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message