Home » Audio » Speaker » Dual-driver sub basshorn plans
Re:Pad and Pencil vs Cad [message #16550 is a reply to message #16548] Tue, 25 May 2004 20:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GraemeG is currently offline  GraemeG
Baron
Bill,

Have recently retired pad and pencil myself - got tired of erasing, calculating, visualising etc. To work in 3 dimensions on paper requires good spacial imagination, and has worked ok for me so far (my dual 8" pushing the limit though). I am currently learning the ins and outs of Autocad (mainly cause I picked it up cheap), and it makes things so much easier to visualise a concept, especially in determining whether something CAN be practically constructed.

Cheers
Graeme

ive found this too [message #16558 is a reply to message #16548] Wed, 26 May 2004 22:54 Go to previous message
Mike.e is currently offline  Mike.e
Illuminati (1st Degree)
One problem I've encountered with radial designs is that you can end up with rear chambers too large for effective reactance annulling, and some right angle paths close to the chamber can help make it smaller and put some of that area into the horn

I concur,this happens on my S horns in particular,because of the 2 corners 3 section horn,the last triangular volume for Vrc can end up needlessly large for a 10". For my jbl 15" however it tends to be just right :p

Thats why for small vrc woofers i prefer to try all the otherways too,such as my old first technique of going like the labhorn apart from the 90* change in horn flare expansion on the last folding.

http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/quadroph/digitor_files/image009.jpg

That way i didnt waste any space..but driver accessability its abit worrysome.

The S shape i prefer ,and try first :-) 2 CSX 10"s require ~50L or so which on my horn of 2600cm^2mouth 2.6m expo tends to not waste.

Im just debating whether to use the jbl or not,because a csx10" horn of same cutoff as jbl is 100L smaller

Cheers

Previous Topic: Bill Fitzmaurice Website
Next Topic: Ferguson Hill FH 001 speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jun 25 18:58:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers