Home » Audio » Speaker » LAB Subwoofer v3.0 web page
LAB Subwoofer v3.0 web page [message #16515] Sat, 22 May 2004 19:04 Go to next message
hulkss is currently offline  hulkss
Chancellor
Interested in building a BIG powerful subwoofer?

Re: LAB Subwoofer v3.0 web page [message #16517 is a reply to message #16515] Sat, 22 May 2004 20:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Nice job, Very nice. Measurments look like the results are even better.

Bill

Re: LAB Subwoofer v3.0 web page [message #16521 is a reply to message #16515] Sun, 23 May 2004 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's seriously cool, Brad. Thanks for the link. The changes to the throat and rear chamber and the additional mouth area yield significant improvements. Impressive.

New part files and viewer [message #16523 is a reply to message #16515] Sun, 23 May 2004 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Check out the new ModelPress files and FREE viewer on my web page. Great measurement capability. View the assembly or one piece at a time. Easily see what you need to build 'em. Try the explode button. Cool.

Re: New part files and viewer [message #16527 is a reply to message #16523] Sun, 23 May 2004 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GraemeG is currently offline  GraemeG
Baron
That's excellent ! - how did you convert the files to this format?

Cheers

Re: New part files and viewer [message #16528 is a reply to message #16527] Sun, 23 May 2004 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
I downloaded the free publisher from ModelPress. Then I opened my ProEngineer Student model file with ProDesktop Express (got it last year when it was free) and exported the model as a VRML file. Then the free ModelPress publisher converted it. Kind of a hassle but that viewer is great and the model files are small.

Re: New part files and viewer [message #16535 is a reply to message #16528] Mon, 24 May 2004 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Brad,

Yeah, noticed the Publisher stuff in the viewer's help files whilst playing around with it after my post. You're not wrong about a great viewer - works well for sharing this sort of info. Will have to give it a try with my Autocad files.

BTW great presentation and layout on your new Labsub pages. Very nice. Might I suggest an index on the first page to avoid having to go through each page?

Have you had the chance to do listening tests on your sub yet?

Cheers
Graeme

Re: New part files and viewer [message #16536 is a reply to message #16535] Mon, 24 May 2004 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Either of you ever used other 3D modelers than AutoCAD or 3D Studio? SoftImage, Imagine or Lightwave?

For the longest time, I was modeling with AutoCAD and exporting DXF files, converting to raw triangles and rendering with POV-Ray. I had a project modeling oil tools that was kinda cool, but the software tools were math intensive. You had to keep track of every X,Y,Z in a database and animations were done by calculating coordinates and entering them into the database rather than with any sort of graphical user interface. Sent it to a rendering engine for ray-tracing to crunch through all the frames. Man, oh, man though, when an animation came together, the final result seemed glorious!

Good memories.

Re: New part files and viewer [message #16540 is a reply to message #16536] Tue, 25 May 2004 04:42 Go to previous message
Baron
No, I've only used Autocad, and havn't really worried about fine detail rendering. I have a tutorial which explains how to import Autcad files to Bryce, but it would appear the ModelPress Publisher can accomplish this task better. Will have to try it.

Cheers
Graeme

Previous Topic: Medallion II speaker cabinets
Next Topic: EV MC-8's???
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu May 23 01:52:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers