Home » Audio » Speaker » Voice Matching Polk Monitor 40s
Voice Matching Polk Monitor 40s [message #15644] Tue, 12 February 2008 16:04 Go to next message
JohnO is currently offline  JohnO
Esquire
I have an Onkyo 605 receiver and am considering buying a pair of Polk Monitor 40s for the front, CS1 in the center and a pair of RM7 satellites for the rear speakers. I have been told that the RM7s don't voice match with the Monitor 40s. I don't have room for Monitor 30s in the rear. So how important is voice matching front and rear, will I ever notice it? Should I consider something completely different? I know very very little about voice matching.

Re: Voice Matching Polk Monitor 40s [message #15646 is a reply to message #15644] Wed, 13 February 2008 11:30 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

General rule is to keep all speakers the same. I think it is much more important that center dialog and left and right be the same, but the importance of making surrounds the same is a little less. That said, I wouldn't get rear speakers that stood out in relation to the fronts. The surround channels are mostly ambience and sounds for effect.

Previous Topic: Logitech X-530's
Next Topic: B&C ME10
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jun 23 14:15:05 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout