Home » Audio » Speaker » possible blown woofer? help?
possible blown woofer? help? [message #15477] Tue, 20 March 2007 22:51 Go to previous message
Tony K is currently offline  Tony K
Esquire
Is it possible for a woofer to blow, but still leave a tweeter and built-in subwoofer intact? I have a set of NHT SuperTwos, and after a weekend out of town, it appears my housemates had a party and possibly blew my speakers. I personally think the midrange response is not as good as it used to be, while the lows and the highs still sound ok. Looking at the woofer while playing music, I noticed it doesn't visually move as much as it used to. The strange part is though, that if I play a song or something that would primarily come out of the midrange, and turn up the volume (quite a bit more than before), it sounds fine.

It behaves as if the midrange was turned down as if by an equalizer...unfortunately there are no equalizers in play here. Is it possible that something in the reciever (Harmon/Kardon HK3480) broke?

Any help/advice you guys could give would be great. I need to know if I should be getting my housemates to buy me a new set of speakers, or if I am just imagining things.

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: another ART array question....
Next Topic: Use of multi-meter for measure impedance of lines Question..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 13 18:19:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio