Home » Audio » Speaker » help with fixing a tear in the speaker
help with fixing a tear in the speaker [message #15426] Sat, 09 December 2006 14:05 Go to next message
dk is currently offline  dk
Esquire

Hi

I have a pair of vintage Koss M/60 + bookshelf speakers that ive enjoyed over the years.

The problem is the speaker driver ripped and i need some help bonding it back together. The sound is unnoticeable at low volume but when i turn it up or the music has a lot of bass i can hear the air coming our of the ripped hole and it's very annoying. Is there any kind of special glue or tape so i can bond the rip together?

Thanks ahead of time.

Re: help with fixing a tear in the speaker [message #15427 is a reply to message #15426] Sun, 10 December 2006 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Buy a surround kit and replace the surround. If the cone is torn and the damage is small, you can usually patch it with white glue. But you can't repair a foam surround that way. You'll need to replace the surround. They're inexpensive though.

Re: help with fixing a tear in the speaker [message #15428 is a reply to message #15427] Mon, 11 December 2006 10:20 Go to previous message
dk is currently offline  dk
Esquire
thanks for the advice

Previous Topic: Is it safe to hook up 4 speakers to my receiver?
Next Topic: The ART Arrays
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Aug 02 17:10:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout