Home » Audio » Speaker » Wharfedale D-60E
Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15284 is a reply to message #15283] Tue, 27 June 2006 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
MWG is currently offline  MWG
Grand Master
Yes it's SS. It was designed by Roger Russel to replace the C-24 that was not exactly a raving success. It's the same generation as the MC-250, 2100, 2505, and 2105.
That equipment is like the Energizer Bunny. It just keeps going and going. Plus it keeps appreciating.

One of the nice things about this music listening hobby is there is so much room for diversity. You can have extremes like me at one end who only change gear when it completely goes up in smoke or the other end of the spectum where folks change gear like underwear; almost daily

Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15285 is a reply to message #15284] Tue, 27 June 2006 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manualblock is currently offline  Manualblock
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Years ago I belonged to the Audio Society and went to the meetings. Then it became; instead of appreciation of diversity a competition of price stickers. And the stuff didn't sound any better.
Your Mac gear is very good sounding and bulletproof. I would be much like yourself except I thought about building things to learn about the hobby. But now I have too many projects and too much stuff so; go figure! Is it worth it; I may sell off a lot of stuff and get a new set of golf clubs.
And another thing is reading the forums and the Joelist; I am beginning to suspect and some of the posters agree that a lot of this is people chasing their tails. How many different amp and speakers designs actually are improvements? I wonder.
I think guys like Roger Russel knew a few things and had access to big laboratories and lots of equipment; thats why they still sound good after twenty or thirty years.

Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15286 is a reply to message #15285] Tue, 27 June 2006 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
One thing has always puzzled me about high end audio. If those high ends products are so good why are there so many for sale all the time?

Maybe it's like you say folks chasing the unreachable. I believe Roger Russel and what he says about some of the products available today. Were those engineers in the 50'60' & 70's so dumb they didn't think of special cables, cable stands and all those other controversial tweaks? If you read Rogers site you can read about the standing offer Gordon Gow had with anyone who could tell the difference between cables & regular speaker wire. Nobody ever collected the money Hell , maybe they just weren't as discerning listeners as todays audiophiles

I think I better stop now I have to go buy a gold plated audio power outlet so my equipment will sound better.

Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15287 is a reply to message #15286] Wed, 28 June 2006 07:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
No problem; I have to oil up the chainsaw to cut that 100 yr old Black Walnut tree down; I use the wood to make the little pucks that make everything more coherent and focused; with better detail and they eliminate time smear.

Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15288 is a reply to message #15287] Wed, 28 June 2006 08:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
Time smear, pap smear and wind shear. Any one of those will pull your attention away from the music. Here is a link in case you haven't seen it before. It caused a big stink over at AA. Some of the folks there take themselves, this hobby and life way too Cirrus.

Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15289 is a reply to message #15288] Wed, 28 June 2006 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (13th Degree)
Hey I have the rainbow foil. He had a free offer; you could get enough magic foil to do ten cd's and a small strip for say a pre-amp. I still have it in a bag except I did try it on a cd. Who knows; it certainly didn't make the cd sound any worse; maybe thats all we can hope for.
I do hear some different sound with interconnects though; but there at least we have electrical properties of the wire that could effect sound.

Re: Wharfedale D-60E [message #15290 is a reply to message #15289] Wed, 28 June 2006 08:53 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

There were a few links in the Dungeon with funny voodoo products in them. Gotta laugh at some of 'em!

Previous Topic: ESG1 Can I use it for an array?
Next Topic: Spades for Heresy speaker connections
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Jul 16 18:19:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout