Home » Audio » Speaker » Crossover help
Crossover help [message #15197] Sun, 05 February 2006 15:11 Go to previous message
MrCommunistGen is currently offline  MrCommunistGen
Esquire
Hello,
I've been pondering this problem for some time and have been doing quite a bit of Google searching and am getting pretty frustrated because I think
Situation
I have two pairs of stereo speakers, both Infinity bookshelves, each 2-way. They are both part of the same series, the recently replaced Alpha series and are the A10s and A20s respectively. One set of speakers has larger woofers than the other. I also have a stereo receiver... an Onkyo TX-8511. I would like to make it so that the smaller speakers handle the upper and mid ranges, and have the larger pair handle the bass. Effectively creating a 3 way system. The A20s are bi-ampable and the A10s are not.

Question:
I've been looking for a pair of 2 way passive crossovers with a crossover frequency that is probably between 250-500Hz. I am also looking to get them as cheaply as possible. I was looking on eBay for crossovers and very few state the crossover frequency. Most of them have info on what the resitors' specs are, but I have absolutely no knowledge about what any of this means.

Any help would be appreciated!
-mcg

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Xover and line array
Next Topic: Impedance correction at a compression driver's Fs - How to calculate - Wayne P?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jul 13 17:26:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio