Home » Audio » Speaker » Dynaudio
Dynaudio [message #14874] Thu, 17 February 2005 15:35 Go to next message
Mark Korda is currently offline  Mark Korda
Chancellor
Hi speaker nuts,I got 2 projects going.One involves a full range Fostex.The other is using a precut cabinet that I bought from Parts Express that has a cutout for a 6.5 inch woofer.I think they dis-continued making this cabinet.It,s not in their current catalog.I was going to use a Seas co-ax,which I already purchased as well as the cabinet.I think the Seas is going out of production too,although they still offer the same driver but with a clear poly cone.So,I am re thinking plans.I checked on the internet Dynaudio,of which I have used in construction before.I don't see any for sale.Are they just selling their completed models and not selling raw drivers anymore?Here is another question to anyone who wishes to respond.Price no object,what is the best quality,in your oppinion,6.5 bass driver that could be used in a .55 cubic monitor styled cabinet,very heavy and thick and braced.I have the Madisound catalog in front of me,but I need a helpful kick in the pants.Thanks all,mark.korda@verizon.net

Seas W18EX001 [message #14876 is a reply to message #14874] Thu, 17 February 2005 21:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Have you seen the Seas W18EX001? I think it might work for you. Modeled response looks very nice in cabinets from about 0.25ft3 to 0.5ft3 tuned to 50Hz. Works fine with sealed chambers larger than 0.1ft3 too.

Re: Seas W18EX001 [message #14877 is a reply to message #14876] Fri, 18 February 2005 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mark Korda is currently offline  Mark Korda
Chancellor
Hi Wayne,thanks for the tip.I said that cost was no object,but I over stated myself.The woofer you recommended costs about 159 bucks.I'm kind of steering towards Peerless or Vifa,as they seem to be more affordable.If I stay with my orginal idea,I will use the Seas 6.5 co-ax ,which I already bought and put a Scan Speak variovent in the hole left for the tweeter.The Seas speaker follows the same idea that KEF and Tannoy are using with the tweeter mounted where the dust cap would be.I got lots of ideas swirling around in my head,the speaker building hobby has already sent me to Audio Asylum.....Mark.

Re: Seas W18EX001 [message #14878 is a reply to message #14877] Sat, 19 February 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The hobby could almost use its own 12 Step program, huh?!! Glad to see you've come around.

Re: Seas W18EX001 - I've been running the W22EX001... [message #14879 is a reply to message #14876] Sat, 19 February 2005 18:16 Go to previous message
wunhuanglo is currently offline  wunhuanglo
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Open baffle - very, I dunno how else to say it, "detailed".

At first I wasn't too sure about it - but now I'm rather happy with it.

Previous Topic: Using Single full range as a sub
Next Topic: anyone try a back load horn for coral beta 6?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 01:40:16 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio